Friday, August 9, 2013

Don't knock it til you've tried it, I guess

You'd think potty-training your sixth child would come free of surprises. I mean, what haven't I already encountered with the first five? (There is that time somebody peed into the back of a box fan (what in the world?!?) but that's another story for another day.  

Maybe I should've seen it coming with the evening (solo-parenting) beginning like this: 




And as bedtime loomed I *may* have moved the clock forward a few minutes. 
You know, to get the older ones who *can* tell time in bed a little sooner. 

(For those of you who are now trying to decide if I am deceiving my children? Yes. Yes I am. And we're all the better for it.)

I'm helping boys get arms and legs and toothbrushes in all the appropriate holes when I hear little Juniper running to the bathroom announcing, as always, that she 'has to go!' 


Great! I love that she's potty-trained!

Then I hear something that suspiciously sounds like splattering. 

The wrong sound. 

Believe me...I have superhero ears for these kinds of sounds. 

Rushing into the bathroom, I see a naked Juniper, standing on the inner shelf of this cabinet, 

peeing onto the top and *into* the cabinet full of antique tea towels and toilet paper, (no cheap TP here!) with a splash radius on the floor and wall of about two feet! 

I will never know if she was climbing on the cabinet to turn on the light, perform a dance routine, or to actually 'use it'. 

But next time you're visiting The Purple House, you have a choice.  The Cabinet, or one of these Perfectly Suitable Devices. 

Just if you decide to use the pink one, help a mother out.......please?



(Potty-trainee #6....see the merry twinkle in her eyes?)

2 comments:

  1. Yes. Yes I am. And we're all the better for it.
    *favorite line. Sometimes it's just that much easier not to argue with the children.

    ReplyDelete